Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Worms

There are worms in my socks. If I take a step I will squash them and there will be worm carcasses in my socks. I will have blood on my feet. Not as bad as blood on my hands but I won't be able to cope with it. I will have to wash my feet and my socks. There will be blood stains on my kicks, that is unacceptable.
When I was eight, and Conor was seven or eight, we looked after worms during lunchtime. We picked them up off the concrete where they would get squashed and put them back in the mud. We were like superheroes saving mice from cats. We also threw dust at bugs and killed them.
When I was eight we did a gardening project at school. Our teacher told us to tell her how many worms we found in the soil. I ran into the classroom to tell her there were twelve so far. She yelled at me for not taking my shoes off and stamping mud into the carpet.
I am terrified of spiders. When I used to have dreadlocks I had daynightmares that spiders would colonise my hair. Their webs would be camoflaged. I am scared of other bugs and insects too. I wouldn't touch a worm voluntarily any more.
I remember running around Shirley's house with a fly swat leaving carcasses in my trail. I didn't pick them up, it was enough that they were dead. One night I squashed a moth with my book. It left a bloodstain on the wall.
I went vegetarian at the beginning of this year. Since then as well as not eating animals I've tried not to kill them.
I am also scared of cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment