Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Skype

All my friends are far away on spaceships.
I talk to them on skype.
I watch them play tag in zero gravity.
They tell me all about the planets they visit.
They tell me words can't describe the wonders.
We play chess over the distance.
They say it's not the same without me.
Julie says she misses me.
I miss Julie.
I miss her hair.
I don't sleep.
I am always on skype.
The time difference is large over light years.
There is always someone to talk to.
They are always distracted.
There is always something going on just outside the webcam's view.
The spaceships are flying further away.
The time difference is getting larger.
I am finding it hard to breathe.
Old age is creaking up on me.
It has been a long time since I stood up.
There are empty packets of peanuts everywhere.
I am thirsty.
I tell Julie.
She tells me the water in space is indescribable.

2 comments: