Friday, October 8, 2010

3 raps from this year

I’ve travelled my fair share, I’m purty worldly
Plus I read a lot so I’m wordy like qwerty
Safe to say these days rap is getting nerdy
It doesn’t really irk me
But I still rep the street like Burt and Ernie
I’ve never begged for mercy
Even when my path got curly
And I had to deal with the hurly burly
I made it this far, nothing will ever murk me
Even if the other team is fighting dirty
Most days I wake up early
While the sky’s still murky
But I’m a morning person
So I’m still feeling perky
Firstly I give thanks like turkey
Second I get to working
Making these verses sturdy
But thirdly it’s up to you to decide the verdict


Lights, cameras, Arnie
The official is an army
Any other statement is straight malarky
These other rappers are snarky
I do it big like the tits on Barbie
While they stay talking smaller than a quark be
We new and improved, they dinosaurs like Barney
I’m feeling amped like electric guitars be
Listening to Kweli, and Slick Rick’s Ladidadi
I got steez like a Kids on Swings large T
They got steez like a David Bane cardie
So while they’re at home doing their darning I’m sparring
Trying to get to Ski’s twenty four hour school of karate
I’m an artist with scarred wrists causing carnage
Born a bastard but became glorious like Sa-Ra did
Cause there was hardship but I made it past it
Not the largest, fastest or smartest
But I got the x-factor that you need to shine like a star kid
And that brings us back to the lights which is where we started


I’m spitting wisdom, getting rich from the tooth fairy
But people don’t listen because the truth is too scary
So I’m yelling in the mic like CAN YOU HEAR ME?
Clearly not, but I’m not gonna keep yelling
Got a long journey ahead, call me Magellan
I find those fake smiles sincerely repellent
And the fact that they don’t last is really quite telling
Got my parents saying son we’re in need of you
My friends saying just follow procedure dude
Therapist telling me to be reasonable
But I’m still trying to achieve the unachievable
I rap at altitudes where air isn’t breathable
Sights on the stars, my crew is a constellation
I’m sick of the raps with the product placement
Prefer the tracks that make honest statements
And really, that’s all that I wanna be making
But you can’t get in my head, I’m not John Malkovich
Screw silver, I got a Midas tongue, call me the alchemist

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second rap. I thought it was pretty funny especially the Davd Bane Cardie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, i really like the third one :)

    ReplyDelete