Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Started A Blog

I started a blog called Slap Batman. The idea was to be one of those super talented writers who give their work away for free. I posted a few of my stories and poems and then told all of my friends to go and read them. I waited three weeks but no one left a single comment.
    Then one day when I was reading the blog of one of those super talented writers who give their work away for free I thought: none of my friends know who this guy is, I could post this poem on Slap Batman and they would think that I wrote it.
    I posted the poem on my blog. It got three comments in three minutes. They were all very positive. So I started to steal more writing from those super talented writers who give their work away for free. Slap Batman got more and more and more successful. Lots of people started reading it. This was good, but it meant I had to be more careful, some of these readers read other writing blogs.
    I had to start stealing from more obscure writers. There were two problems with this. First, most obscure writers are obscure for a reason: they suck. I had to find good, obscure writers who gave their work away for free. Second, the more obscure a writer is the more often they Google themselves. I had to find writers who were not well known enough for people to recognise their work but not obscure enough to find my blog and complain.
    Eventually I had stolen all of the writing this small group of super talented writers who gave their work away for free had written. I was force to move on to those super talented writers who sell their work. This worked fine until I ran out of money. I put up a post asking for donations. None of my thousands of readers donated. So I took it a step further: I made Slap Batman a pay-to-view website.
    I never got another comment.

6 comments:

  1. Now I feel bad for not commenting. I did say I liked it in my status though :-)
    Very cool.
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to comment if you don't want. Its just a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think you'd really stolen stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote this story so that when I do start stealing no one will suspect.

    ReplyDelete