Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Started A Publishing Company

I started a publishing company called Slap Batman. It was run out of my bedroom which was on the top floor of an apartment building which was on top of a hill overlooking the city.
    I had been reading a lot of free ebooks. I thought: these are to good to be ebooks they should be real books. So what I did was I printed them off from my computer and stapled the pages together.
    I only made one copy of each book. I sat in my chair next to the window when I read the books. As I finished each page I tore it out of the book and folded it into a paper plane which I threw out the window. The idea was that people would pick up the planes and be like “what’s this?”. Then they would unfold and read them. If they liked what they saw they would take the title from the top of the page and put it into Google. Google would show them where to find the free ebook.
    Unfortunately this plan didn’t work. My paper planes never made it to the bottom of the hill because I’m a terrible craftsman. And people didn’t pick up pieces of paper from the hill because it was made of garbage.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool. I love how I never know where you're going with stuff. It's always so unexpected and quirky. You see the world in such a unique way. Fabulous.
    :-) Hx

    ReplyDelete