Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sick

Glennis says we are almost in Wellington. She is lying. I can’t see Wellington. I want to go home. Why does it take so long to get to Wellington? She is driving very slowly. The snow is outside the windows. It doesn’t snow in Wellington. Why doesn’t Glennis drive to Wellington faster?
    I don’t like driving. I flew to Hamilton. I like flying because its faster than driving and you get to go up into the clouds. The woman on the plane gave me a lolly. Driving makes me sick. I feel sick. I want a lolly. I want to see Mum and Dad. I haven’t seen them for a long time. Only Grandma Glennis. I think I am going to throw up. I want to open the window. I throw up.
    There is sick on my top. There is sick on my pants. The window is still closed. The sick smells yuck. We are slowing down. Why is Glennis stopping the car? The smell of the sick is making my stomach want to throw up. I want to go home to Mum and Dad. Mum and Dad and me live in Wellington. Our house is nice. My room is upstairs and it has a low ceiling. Dad says when my head touches the ceiling I can move to the room downstairs. The room downstairs is big. It has lots of shelves for my toys.
    Glennis has taken off my top and my pants. I am cold. I am standing in the snow. There are goosebumps on my arms. It is windy. It is windy in Wellington. There is a windmill up on the hill. Mum takes me to fly my kite. It flies up near the clouds like a plane. When I move to the room downstairs my kite will have a shelf all to itself. I want to move into the room downstairs. I want to go home to Wellington.
    Glennis has taken my bag out of the car. She is taking everything out of my bag. All my toys are in the snow. My toys will be too cold. My arms are cold. The goosebumps on my arms look like hills. There are lots of hills in Wellington. The windmill is on a hill. My school is on a hill. Our house is on a hill. I want to go to my house in Wellington in lie in my bed. The bed in my room is small but when I move to the room downstairs I will have a bigger bed. I want to snuggle in bed with Mum.
    Glennis has given me some pants to put on. I don’t like these pants. These pants are too red. I want to wear my blue pants but they have sick on them. I am cold. I try to put on the red pants. I can’t fit them over my shoes. I am crying. These pants are too small for my shoes. Glennis opens the Velcro on my shoes and pulls my shoes off. I tell her my feet are cold. My socks are getting wet in the snow. She tells me to put on my pants. I don’t like the red pants but I put them on. Glennis puts my shoes back on my feet. She straps up the Velcro.
    My socks are wet inside my shoes. I am shivering. Glennis gives me a blue shirt. I try to put it on. The shirt is too small. It is a baby shirt. I don’t wear it anymore. Glennis tries to pull the shirt over my shoulders. The shirt rips. Glennis is mad. I am crying. She gets me another shirt. This shirt is black. I like this shirt. I put the shirt on. Glennis opens the door. I get back in the car.
    We are driving again. It is warm in the car. The heater is on. I don’t feel sick anymore. My clothes don’t have any sick on them. We are driving faster. Glennis says we are almost in Wellington. She gives me a lolly.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I swear I didn't just read that - a small child found his way into my house and read it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I wrote this as an exercise I'm supposed to bring to class. Then I reread the rules of the exercise and realised I hadn't really followed them at all. The thing I wrote to replace this is not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame 'cause this is awesome. Maybe it will fit another exercise? :-) Hx

    ReplyDelete